For those plants that use GE 90/70 GMR for SIL 2+ systems, Cybertech has the expertise and custom software tools to streamline your upgrade path.
Founded over 20 years ago by a core group of PLC programmers, Cybertech completes PLC/SIS installations and system upgrades in a wide variety of industries. PLC/SIS-related work makes up approximately 60% of our 450+ yearly projects. Upgrading legacy systems and replacing obsolete/unsupported hardware represents a large portion of this work. Migrations are typically done during plant shutdowns, but Cybertech also has extensive experience doing online and on-the-run upgrades.
We can plan new control system architecture and provide complete turnkey solutions including the fabrication of cabinets/control panels along with procurement, installation and commissioning.
Cybertech is one of Western Canada’s largest engineering firms specializing TÜV IEC61511 safety systems. 5% of Canada’s TÜV Rhineland Functional Safety Engineers work at Cybertech. For those plants that use GE 90/70 GMR for SIL 2+ systems, Cybertech has the expertise and custom software tools to streamline your upgrade path.
PLC System Integration Consulting
- Evaluate your existing PLC/SIS control system
- Provide migration plans for PLC/SIS system obsolescence
- Make PLC/SIS performance, architecture and industrial communication network recommendations
- Provide detailed designs for PLC/SIS system upgrades and additions
- Prepare request for proposals, bid spreads and evaluation of PLC/SIS quotes
- Procure PLC/SIS systems
- Provide client representation, prepare test programs and direct factory acceptance testing and site acceptance testing
- Provide full integration from PLC/SIS plant floor devices to BPCS to management level information
- Provide cabinet and rackroom electrical and field instrumentation design services
GE Migration Tools
Cybertech has developed automated software tools to automatically extract GE Logicmaster logic, Genius block configuration and GMR information. This data can be used to build a new application in an updated system. The tools automatically validate the new configuration against the original. Data that is processed includes:
- Trip setpoints and delays
- Ranges and scaling factors
- Voting, degradation and efaults
- Initiator/final element logical connections
- Complete I/O reconciliation
- Cause and effect reconciliation
Data is stored in a database which can also be used to automatically generate test procedures and project documentation.
- Extract configuration data into a project database
- Reconcile configuration data across systems and against plant documentation
- Automate configuration of logic, gateways, graphics, alarms and documentation
- Test configuration and graphics
- Save engineering time and project cost, facilitate easy change management and re-testing
- Increase quality (avoid errors and inconsistency)
Cybertech provides start-up and commissioning services with full documentation including:
- Electrical/instrument PLC system commissioning
- Factory and site PLC acceptance tests
- Operations/maintenance manuals
- Field PLC installation checks
- Loop/control logic checks