Edmonton, Alberta – November 2018
Cybertech developed the Process Control and Safety Instrumented System Auditor to identify high-risk misalignments between plant process control and safety systems – and provide sufficient guidance to each plant system owner to resolve material issues.
Computerized data analytics are effective in mining the big data found in a typical process facility. The Cybertech System Auditor accepts native data from plant systems, cleans up and standardizes the data with purpose-built C# data mining applications and SQL data manipulation. Tiered SQL views minimize data duplication and facilitate automatic updates when base native data changes (e.g. after a system owner advises that they have resolved identified issues).
Example applications for the automated tools within Cybertech System Auditor:
- Reconciling DCS and alarm management databases (identifying instrument tags in the DCS but not in the alarm database – and vice versa)
- Reconciling SIS and DCS gateways (cross inclusions and description matching)
- Ensuring overall DCS coherency (confirming expected block connections and alignment with configuration standards)
Additional Cybertech System Auditor Features:
- Checking analog instrument saturation and alarm levels versus SIS configuration fault settings
- Aligning instrument ranges (ensuring calibration with the design range)
- Performing many of the SIS verification and validation steps required by IEC 61511